Go8 Credit Transfer Agreement
Group of Eight universities are The Australian National University, Monash University, The University of Adelaide, The University of Melbourne, The University of NSW, The University of Sydney, The University of Queensland and The University of Western Australia.
In recognition of the excellence of teaching and research that exists in Group of Eight universities, members agree to maximise the opportunities for mobility of students between them by facilitating the transfer of credit earned at their institutions.
The Agreement is based
on recognition that the academic expectations and assessment regimes at all
Group of Eight universities are comparable and transferable.
- Credit will be granted to students who are accepted for admission into a degree program at a Group of Eight university for appropriate units of study successfully completed while enrolled at another Group of Eight university.
- Credit transfer will be available to students in all degree programs who have successfully completed a recognised component of study at a Group of Eight university.
- Transferring students will be required to complete at least one year of equivalent full-time study, or a minimum of 50% of the relevant degree program where it is less than the full-time equivalent of one year in length, in the university from which they graduate.
- Students must meet all requirements of the degree program in which they enrol.
- Credit transfer for units of study successfully completed as part of a previously completed degree will be considered in accordance with the rules of the degree program into which the student is seeking admission.
For further information about how the agreement is applied at each institution, click the links below:
The University of Queensland
The University of Adelaide
The University of Melbourne
The University of New South Wales
The University of Western Australia
The University of Sydney
The Australian National University (details pending)