Go8 and the French Embassy improve Australian students’ opportunities for workplace experience in France
Australian students will have better opportunities than ever to experience workplace culture in French companies through the French Company Experience Program (FCEP).
The FCEP is a partnership established in 2010 between the French Embassy and the Group of Eight (Go8). It aims at offering internships for Australian students in French companies with operations in Australia. Half of the internship program will take place onshore, and the other half in France at the company’s Headquarters or any of its branches.
The program’s goal is to increase Australian student mobility to France. With firsthand experience, Australian students will better understand the French socio-economic environment, develop linguistic skills and motivate further studies, thereby, preparing them for workplace leadership.
Meanwhile, French companies will get the opportunity to spotlight prospective star employees, as well as create a pool of future Australian managers with a practical knowledge of France. This will foster a deeper cross-cultural exchange between the two countries and strengthen ties between Australian universities and the participating French companies.
The FCEP will commence at the start of each semester (January or July). A French language course will be provided to the successful candidates before their departure for France.
There are two options in the internship duration:
• 12 months (6 months in Australia, followed by 6 months in France)
• or possibly 6 months (3 months in Australia, followed by 3 months in France)
To qualify, students need to be:
• Undergraduates in the final years of their program and postgraduates: (Master, 1st or 2nd year; PHD with Professional Components, 1st, 2nd, 3rd year)
• Coming from all disciplines (Law, Finance, Business Management, Commerce, Engineering, International Relations, etc.) enrolled at a Go8 or ATN University
• Australian citizens or permanent residents
• Must be enrolled at a University for the entire duration of the internship.
The companies will provide financial support to the FCEP participants:
• $15,000 scholarship for a 6-month internship
• $30,000 scholarship for a 12-month internship
Please contact the French Embassy, Catherine Hodeir (email@example.com) for an invitation to the launch event in Melbourne at the Alliance Française (51, Grey Street – St Kilda) on Thursday, 26 September at 6.30 pm.
Note to Editor/s:
The Group of Eight is a coalition of Australia’s leading universities. Membership comprises the vice-chancellors of The Australian National University, Monash University, The University of Adelaide, The University of Melbourne, The University of New South Wales, The University of Queensland, The University of Sydney and The University of Western Australia.
02 6239 5488