Studying at Go8 Universities
Choosing the university that best meets your needs can be exciting but can also be challenging. Below are some ways in which Go8 universities are different from other universities in Australia.
- attract the highest quality students and have much lower student-staff ratios than other Australian universities;
- are the most research intensive of all Australian universities, undertaking 70% of all Australian university research;
- train, attract and retain the best researchers from Australia and around the world, offering a intellectually stimulating, diverse and supportive academic environment for their students;
- have a focus on the teaching-research nexus which leads to advanced curricula and research-based learning and in turn produces distinctive graduates
- enrol over half of all higher degree by research students;
- are consistently rated as the top tier institutions in Australia;
- have alumni who take up senior positions in professional life, business and government in Australia and other countries;
- demonstrate mutual recognition of high standards of research and teaching within the group through the Go8 Credit Transfer Agreement.
- welcome IB students from Australia and from around the world.
In recognition of the excellence of teaching and research that exists in Group of Eight universities, members agree to enhance the mobility of students between them by facilitating the transfer of credit earned at their institutions.
The Agreement is based on an acceptance that the assessment regimes at all Group of Eight universities are comparable and transferable.
The Australian higher education system consists of independent, self-governing public and private universities and higher education institutions that award higher education qualifications.