In 2012 the Group of Eight signed agreements with two Brazilian Government Agencies: CAPES (Agency that belongs to the Ministry of Education) and CNPQ (Agency that belongs to the Ministry of Science and Technology).
Learning to speak an additional language is increasingly important for effective participation in a globalised world.
Group of Eight universities play a vital role in the delivery and support of languages education in Australia. All 35 languages currently available at tertiary level in Australia are offered at Go8 universities.
In addition, a wide range of Languages incentives are available both for entry to and while enrolled in programs of study at Go8 universities (see link to Languages incentives PDF below).
Table of contents:
• Key contacts in the Department of Education – their roles and responsibilities
• New Go8 Policy Notes – the impact of the demand-driven system
• Senate inquiry into innovation
• Internships for Science without Borders (SWB) students at Monash University
• Applications for the Go8-DAAD cooperation scheme 2015/2016 open on 7 April
• U15 of Canada signs Hefei Statement
• Research with Impact
• Calendar of Events