Eight early career researchers from Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Russia and the Slovak Republic have been named as the successful Group of Eight European Fellows for 2015. Each fellow will receive benefits worth up to AUD 20,000 to travel to Australia and work at a Go8 university for up to six months.
The Go8 European Fellowship scheme began in 2007. It recognises the importance of international contacts for early career researchers and plays an important role in building Go8 research partnerships in Europe.
The Go8 European Fellows for 2015 are:
- Dr Milena Krumova from Bulgaria – hosted by The University of Queensland
- Dr Vladimir Ceperic from Croatia – hosted Monash University
- Dr Valentina Spanic from Croatia – hosted by The University of Sydney
- Dr Beata Matysiokova from the Czech Republic – hosted by The Australian National University
- Dr Marcin Witkowski from Poland – hosted by The University of Adelaide
- Dr Marius Alin Andries from the Romania – hosted by The University of New South Wales
- Dr Daria Smirnova from Russia – hosted by The University of Western Australia
- Dr Tomas Zelinsky from the Slovak Republic – hosted by The University of Melbourne.
The Go8 congratulates all successful applicants and looks forward to welcoming them to Australia in 2015.