Go8 universities have a Credit Transfer Agreement in place.
Its aim is to enhance the mobility of students between Go8 member universities as required.
The Go8 will, where possible, facilitate the transfer of credits earned at Go8 universities.
The agreement recognises the excellence of teaching and research across the Go8.
Credit Transfer is based on the assessment regimes of Go8 universities being comparable and transferable
In recognition of the excellence of teaching and research that exists in Group of Eight universities, members agree to maximise the opportunities for mobility of students between them by facilitating the transfer of credit earned at their institutions.
The Agreement is based on recognition that the academic expectations and assessment regimes at all Group of Eight universities are comparable and transferable.
- Credit will be granted to students who are accepted for admission into a degree program at a Group of Eight university for appropriate units of study successfully completed while enrolled at another Group of Eight university.
- Credit transfer will be available to students in all degree programs who have successfully completed a recognised component of study at a Group of Eight university.
- Transferring students will be required to complete at least one year of equivalent full-time study, or a minimum of 50% of the relevant degree program where it is less than the full-time equivalent of one year in length, in the university from which they graduate.
- Students must meet all requirements of the degree program in which they enrol.
- Credit transfer for units of study successfully completed as part of a previously completed degree will be considered in accordance with the rules of the degree program into which the student is seeking admission.
For further information about how the agreement is applied at each institution, visit the Go8 Universities below.