While the Group of Eight (Go8) has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on this site is as accurate as possible, it gives no warranty or guarantee that the material, information or publication made accessible is accurate, complete, current, or fit for any use whatsoever. No reliance should be made by a user of the material, information or publication accessed via this site. The user should instead seek confirmation with the Go8 before making use of the material, information or publication.
The Go8 accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered as a result of direct or indirect use or application of any material, publication or information made accessible via its web site.
The Go8 provides links to external companies/organisations. In providing such links, the Go8 does not accept responsibility for, or endorse the content or condition of, any linked site.
The Go8 reserves the right to vary the material, information or publication on this web site without notice.
When you look at the Go8 web site our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- your browser’s internet address;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited;
- the type of browser you are using; and
- the username entered if accessing a restricted site.
The Go8 uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. We do not attempt to identify individuals as part of our regular business practices however in the unlikely event of an investigation, the Go8, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our server’s logs.
If at any stage you provide us with your email address either as part of a message or by completing a web form, we will only use your email address for the purposes for which it was provided. We will not subscribe your email address to any mailing list without your consent.
The Group of Eight claims copyright ownership of all material stored on this website unless expressly stated otherwise. Permission is granted for its non-commercial use provided that the Go8 is given credit and this copyright notice is retained. Any copyright enquiries should be made to the Go8, PO Box 6229, O’Connor ACT 2602 or emailed directly to email@example.com.
Accessibility features of this web site
This page highlights some of the accessibility features in the Group of Eight web site, including:
- changing the text size
- using ‘jump’ links to skip navigation or content blocks
- using access keys to navigate
- other design and programming features
These features are built into the Go8 web design templates, and should work on any subsite that uses the templates.
If you encounter an accessibility problem on a Go8 web page, please contact the web team and let us know: telephone +61 2 6175 0700 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can change the size of text on this site by following the instructions provided below.
Use the ‘jump’ links to skip navigation or content blocks.
Changing the size of text
Instructions for Windows PC users with Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options from the View or the Tools menu, depending on your browser
- Click on the Accessibility button
- Click the Ignore fonts now showing on web pages box so that it now shows a tick
- Click OK
- Click OK again to close Internet Options
- Select the View option from the Menu bar
- Select the Text Size option
- Choose the text size you prefer
Other design and programming features
The following features are standard parts of the Go8’s web publishing templates:
- Validated XHTML 1.0 Transitional code is used for the all templates.
- Cascading style sheets (CSS) are used for presentation and layout of content.
- Text is used for headings and links.
- Relative text sizes are used. The user can resize fonts if required. Content text is black against a white background for improved readability. No italics are used.
- Links behave consistently (rollover, visited links). Links are not identified by colour alone: underline, rollover behaviour and layout provide additional visual cues.
- Platform- and language-neutral W3CDom scripting to allow programs and scripts to dynamically access and update the content, structure and style of documents.
When creating web pages based on the templates, Go8 staff are expected to:
- Use standard XML-based structural markup to denote content changes, such as lists and headings
- Add alt text and captions to all images.
- Insert titles to provide additional information about links. Use acronym, abbreviation and other tags to explain language and concepts.
- Ensure the page uses validated code and style sheets. Include table headers and summaries for tables that display data.
- Label all forms, use explicitly associations with input elements and provide instructional text to help with searching and submitting data.